D A T C O T O U R
|HOME||South America||Central America||Falkland Islands||Antarctica||Unique
Tranquilo Bay Lodge
Bocas del Toro
ABOUT TRANQUILO BAY - in their own words:
Comfort in the Jungle:
Each cabana features a spacious tiled interior with French doors opening to a large, covered elevated porch area. They each have a large bathroom with a walk-in shower. Each cabana has its own water heater and air conditioner. Three cabanas have queen size beds and the other three have two double beds. Each cabana is tastefully and comfortably appointed with locally handcrafted furniture made for Tranquilo Bay. Hammocks and comfortable Adirondack chairs on each porch allow our guests to relax and enjoy the view.
The Main Lodge is where meals and indoor recreational activities take place. The ocean view and elevation over the jungle canopy are incredible. Our upstairs balcony is the perfect place to watch the sun rise with your morning coffee and the moon rise in the evening with a cold beverage. The monkeys and birds also travel through on their late afternoon feeding migration.
Meals at Tranquilo Bay are included with each of our packages. Breakfast offerings may include a continental buffet, your choice of eggs and one special breakfast entree each day. Lunch will be packed for those guests whose activities keep them away from the resort. For those remaining on site, a variety of soups, salads and sandwiches are available. Appetizers are provided during the cocktail hour preceding dinner. Dinners vary based upon the local ingredients available; however you should expect three or four delicious courses each night.
Activities - No Boundaries:
Tranquilo Bay is fortunate to have an incredible number of activities for the outdoor enthusiast. We can tailor your trip if you have a particular activity that you would like to experience. Certain activities like surfing and turtle nesting are seasonal, so let us know what interests you prior to booking your trip. Activities include (more details available on request):
- Beaches - If serious beach time is what you desire, then Bocas del Toro has one just right for you. Tranquilo Bay is centrally located in the heart of the archipelago, which makes it possible to visit a different beach everyday during your stay.
- Birding - For an island only covering 20 square miles, Isla Bastimentos' amazing variety of tropical birds is truly awesome. Parrots, herons, ibises, boobies, frigate birds, terns, jaegers, birds of prey, dove, owls, hummingbirds, kingfishers, barbets, woodpeckers, wrens, tyrant flycatchers, cotingas, manakins, warblers, tanagers, finches, and icterids all can be found on-site.
- Diving & Snorkeling - Tranquilo Bay is fortunate enough to be surrounded by the extremely diverse 28,600 marine acres of Bastimentos National Marine Park.
- Fishing - Inshore, Off Shore, Marlin, Sailfish; fishing adventure is developing
- Jungle Hiking - Tranquilo Bay is surrounded by national parks and protected areas creating 1.4 million contiguous acres, the single largest remaining tract of virgin forest unit in Central America. Extending from the continental divide to the Caribbean Sea, this pristine forest covers all five altitudinal zones known to the tropics. Bocas del Toro is an explorer's dreamland and still one of the wildest, most biologically diverse places on Earth.
- Kayaking - The archipelago of Bocas del Toro earned the name "Galapagos of the Caribbean" by being one of the most biologically diverse places on earth. Tranquilo Bay is centrally located in the archipelago and adjacent to Isla Bastimentos National Marine Park. The park's 32,700 acres of rainforest and reef are home to an important nature reserve rich in wildlife, and will provide the backdrop for many of the excursions.
- Relaxation - The views will mesmerize you. The quiet will hypnotize you. The birds will fascinate you. Whether you're curled up in a hammock, sunning on our dock or reading in our library, you'll be sure to relax on this vacation like no other you have had.
- Surfing - When the swells arrive, Bocas del Toro has some of the best waves and variety of breaks in the Caribbean. The sub-sea topography of the archipelago is extreme, with depths of several thousand feet just a few miles offshore. With no continental shelf to deplete energy, ocean-facing reefs and beaches catch the full power of the swell, forcing the energy up and out, creating fast, hollow waves.